We all have those "go-to" looks for each season. It may or may not change depending on what's trending but I find I always have a favorite outfit I go to when I'm not sure what to wear.
This summer is no exception and I suspect my 'go-to' would be the same whether or not I was pregnant. The actual pieces would obviously different, but, without a doubt, my 'go-to' summer style is a maxi dress.
I know, I know, I've probably written about a maxi dress one too many times but that's not going to stop me from doing it again.
Maxi dresses are awesome because:
- A maxi can be as dressy or as casual as you want.
- They're easy to dress up with accessories.
- You don't have to worry about matching a top and bottom because it's one piece!
- Comfort. A maxi dress is essentially the equivalent of socially acceptable pjs and I'm so down with pjs.
- They come at every price point. You can literally find cute maxi dresses for $10 and then spend up to... well... whatever your heart desires I suppose. PLUS, they're literally in every women's clothing store.
- Endless options. The selection out there is so huge, there's options in every color, pattern, size and for every occasion.
Bonus: maxi dresses are a pregnant lady's dream. I can still look cute, be comfortable and showcase my baby bump (which now resembles a beach ball).
If you aren't sold yet, well, you're crazy but here are some of my maxi dress looks:
A look from last spring - you can easily make a maxi cool-weather appropriate by wearing flats and adding a scarf and jacket.
Fun with a hat and denim vest. (don't mind my photo-bomber)
Maxi dresses are perfect for a Girl's Night Out!
They can be glamorous too!!
Back to casual.
PERFECT for maternity pictures!!
NOW, if you're still searching for the perfect maxi dress(es) to enjoy for the rest of the summer, don't fret, I have some suggestions!
Do you love the maxi as much as I do??
What's your 'go-to' summer look?? If you have one, make sure you linkup with us below (new or old posts welcome) so we can check it out!
Linking up with: