This week we're doing a way-back flash-back by channeling our teen years and what was super awesome about them. Unfortunately, my teen years are seeming further ago than I'd like to admit. Regardless, I'm sure I can come up with (at least) a few things I miss about those days...
5 things I miss about my teens
- School - I'll be the dork that says it, I miss school. I don't miss homework and I don't miss math, but I miss the social aspect and learning just to learn (although, I likely wouldn't have said that while actually attending school, well not the bit about learning anyways).
- Parties - I still attend parties as an adult but it's just not the same. Now there are responsibilities associated (like bringing food) and a kid's table for all the mini side-kicks. Then again, parties in my teens paled in comparison to my early twenties! lol that's a whole other series of posts.
- Acting like a total idiot - some would argue I still do this regularly BUT it's definitely not in the same way. Some of the things my friends and I would think to do, just baffle my mind now but man we laughed. Like eating goldfish (for the record, I did not actually do this), egging cars (this is illegal, I am NOT endorsing this - especially after Mr. B's van got egged last week), drinking vinegar packets (again, gross, don't do it), "borrowing" my parents car without permission etc.
- Lack of Responsibility - sure, as a teen, I had responsibilities and was fairly responsible as teens go; however, compared to now, those days were easy peasy.
- My body - I was thinner with less wrinkles and better hair. Sadly, I was SOOOOO unappreciative at the time! Looking back, I really wish I saw myself for what I really looked like and was a little gentler on my younger self.
It's funny thinking back because I remember some of the moments of my teen years being really hard ones. Struggles I thought would be the worst I'd ever face, moments that I wanted to last forever and others I thought would never end. So many friendships formed and then broken and then re-formed, loves had and lost and oh the internal battles.
Looking back, there's TONS I'd change, but my teens years without a doubt had a significant impact on the person I am and the life I have today and I wouldn't have it any other way.
sorry for the lack funny/embarrassing photos from my teens years, I'm not nearly organized or motivated enough (read: I'm exhausted) to fish them out of where ever they might be hiding.
Please linkup below and make sure you visit the other ladies to see their top 5!
Shaunacey @ Confessions of a Frumpy Mommy
Deena @ Shoes to Shiraz
Carrie @ A Lovely Little Wardrobe
Lana @ Two Teens and Their Mama
Christy @ R Squared