The year started with a whirlwind. We moved into our new home and started renovations. I participated in the moving much more than in the renovating piece. There's still lots we want to do, but so far, we're pretty happy with how things are coming along :)
Note: I do NOT recommend attempting living without a kitchen for 2 months while trying to parent a 9 month old. It's NOT pretty or fun. At all. You WILL question your sanity. Every. Day. You've been warned.
In the midst of moving and renos we took a vacation to Mexico with my bro and his girlfriend. The trip was scheduled prior to us buying the house but turned out to be a much needed break to the kitchen-free living.
Surprisingly, travelling with a 10 month old went over fairly well. Props to mini-me for that one.
My step-brother got married in Feb and mini-me was one of the flower girls!! She also just happened to get horribly ill the night before the wedding resulting in our first family trip to the ER. Thankfully, she pulled it together in time for the big show!
I started this blog in March 2014 in hopes of quickly reforming my yoga pants wearing ways. I never imagined meeting so many amazing bloggers from all over the world, some I'm very happy to consider friends.
In April 2014, our sweet mini-me turned 1 and it was also the same month I returned to work following my year maternity leave.
May 2014 brought my first weekend away from my little monkey. It was an amazing and much needed girls weekend with one of my bestest friends.
The summer kind of flew by. I'm sure a lot happened but it's all kind of a blur now.
I entered the Face of Pink Ink contest... and WON! I have intended to write lots about this but never got around to it. Long and short of it is this: Pink Ink is run by Jen and Rita. They are style and image consultants. They do hair, makeup, workshops, help women with self-esteem, and TONS more (I'm not doing them justice, check out their website for more details). They also have their own makeup line which I'm kind of obsessed with. ANYWAYS, each year they have a contest which my girlfriend and I entered because we wanted to make a girl's day/night of it. We had our hair and makeup done and a mini-photoshoots. It was a super fun day and we then had a wonderfully fun night out(albeit the next day wasn't super enjoyable if ya know what I mean).
Fast-forward a few months later, and guess who is one of the new faces of Pink Ink for the year?! Me!! It's been a fun ride - fashion shows, photoshoots, and being thrown totally out of my comfort zone. I've also met some super amazing ladies and have participated in things I would have otherwise not been a part of. Yay for branching out.
I discovered Jamberry. I parent, work full-time and just generally have tons on my plate BUT once I tried Jamberry I was hooked. It's my new little side business and I hope to share it with even more people in 2015! PLUS, I have pretty nails ALL the time. Love it.
My brother got engaged!! I also just happen to LOVE his fiance, so bonus for me :) Oh AND they asked mini-me AND I to be in the wedding!!! Stay turned - the date is set for Aug 2015!
Mr. B and I had our first nights away from mini-me. One for a wedding and one just a night away. Both were amazing and mini-me was a little angel for grandma (thank goodness). We NEED to do this more next year!
Mini-me has gone through so many stages and changes. Sleeping, not sleeping, sleeping again. Crawling to walking to running and dancing and singing. She's pretty much talking full sentences at 20 months and just tonight pooped in the potty for the 2nd time. She's literally changing by the day. She's also turning into the sweetest and most amazing little girl.
I'm SURE I'm forgetting something, someone.... important.
I do have a few regrets. There are some friends I don't feel like I saw enough of, some people I didn't keep in good enough touch with. I may have to add this to my 'to-do' for next year.
I fell, HARD, off the workout wagon in the late fall... the results of which are starting to show.
Alright, the fun part... the RESOLUTIONS!!!!!!!!!
I have put a lot of thought into this, because I don't want to do the same thing I do EVERY year. Say a bunch of stuff and then forget about it tomorrow. I'm looking at it more as Goal Setting for the year.
- write more meaningful blog posts - I wrote about this in my slump post, but for real, I want to write more stuff that means more to me. Not writing just to fill up posts. I'm open to ideas too so if there's something you're dying to read about, let me know!
- do yoga - I used to do a lot of yoga but that's another wagon I've fallen hard off of. I also remember when I was doing lots of yoga, I felt much calmer and happier. I think I need yoga back in my life this year.
- cook/bake more - being so busy means finding short cuts. I try and prep food stuff for the week on the weekends (and when I don't, we end up eating takeout or really quick, low prep meals). Here's the thing, as much as I need food prep to be fast and efficient, I truly miss spending time in the kitchen. The only thing I need is someone to clean up my mess... any takers?
- schedule more dates - with my husband, with my friends, with my daughter. I want to be more deliberate about the time I spend with people. Mr. B and I SERIOUSLY do not see each other, alone, enough. Same with some of my friends... thankfully, I have amazing friends so no matter how long the space is between our 'dates', it's like we just hung out yesterday. Regardless, I need more dates with the people who are important to me, it just makes me happy.
- read a book - one of my blog friends, Carrie, recently posted about the books she's read over the last year. I was rather embarrassed to think about the books I've read. Ummmmmmmmm I think I might have read one. ONE! I like reading, there are books I want to read but I just never do it. I want to read a book. I'm not setting my sights too high on this one, because I am busy BUT, so help me, I will read at least one flipping book this year JUST FOR ME!
- I'd love to get back to the gym, be healthier, eat better, laugh and love more and a ton of other things. I hope to do those too but I'll keep this short for now (plus, how much failure do I really want to set myself up for? lol).
I'll even attempt to check back on my goals throughout the year in an attempt to keep myself somewhat accountable. You with me?
Do you have any resolutions or goals for 2015???? I'd love for you to share!!!
Generally, it's been a pretty awesome year. It's gone by too fast but I'm looking forward for whatever 2015 has in store for us. Stay tuned...
Wishing you ALL of the very best this upcoming year!